Friday, May 1, 2009

Articles of Faith



As a family we have been memorizing the Articles of Faith. I've mentioned that Carlie gets a piece of candy if she can say them to the Bishop... that has really helped motivate her. To help her learn them we each take turns saying it and then we all say it together, we give her a chance to try it by herself and sometimes she shocks us by doing the whole thing! We started the 4th one just this last week and I can't believe how quickly she picked it up and it is also cool that she can remember all of the other ones. We also work on learning a new song about every other week, mind you this is all just for about five minutes before bed. I feel like we are creating a foundation for teaching Carlie and Sarah Jane the gospel just by doing these little things. It also helps me reflect on the things that I believe in and know to be true.

4 comments:

Terra said...

Carlie! What a smart girl you are. My kids are going to want to watch this over and over! We can't wait to see you in person.

Fernandez Family said...

Way to go Carlie and way to go mom and dad for teaching her! I can't believe you only have a couple months till your next baby arrives!!! Are you excited and maybe scared a little???!!!

Howling Pickup said...

That's awesome! Our new "Scoop of Faith" challenge will help me get on the bandwagon!

Daniel and Tiffany Dunn said...

I saw this earlier but i just can't get over how smart she is!!